Let’s be honest, even those who have many years experience servicing VW’s, have never rebuilt a MK1 steering column. This is mainly because the parts to do so have been obsolete for years until recently.
since we have introduced our rebuild kit, we have restored many steering columns. We are now offering a completely restored and ready to ship column to our customers.
the cost of this item includes:
- glass bead blasting / ceramic painting of the column
- proper cleaning, lubricating of all functioning pieces.
- assembly of the column using a new kit, a new ignition switch (electrical portion), and new stainless bolt and washer to attach the switch to the column. (If you opt to purchase the switch housing w/ key)
- This item is generally for US customers. If you’d like this item internationally, please email us - (email@example.com) for a personalized shipping quote.
There are several options. They are as follows:
1) For the purchase price of $375.00, you are purchasing a restored column outright that comes with the upper column bushing and a new ignition switch (electrical portion). This way, you can receive the column from us in a few days via priority mail, attach your existing ignition switch, install and go.
2) If you would like a 100% complete column with the ignition switch assembly and 2 keys attached, the price is an extra $50, for a total of $425.00
3) If you would like to send in your old column as a core, we will refund you $75.00. Your old column must be in rebuildable condition for credit to be given.
Thanks for your interest. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.