VW MK1 Restored Steering Column
is on back order
Let’s be honest, even those who have many years experience servicing VW’s, have never rebuilt a MK1 steering column. This is mainly because the parts to do so have been obsolete for years until recently.
since we have introduced our rebuild kit, we have restored many steering columns. We are now offering a completely restored and ready to ship column to our customers.
the cost of this item includes:
- glass bead blasting / ceramic painting of the column
- proper cleaning, lubricating of all functioning pieces.
-new ignition housing assembly (switch assembly with keys is optional)
- assembly of the column using a new kit, a new ignition switch (electrical portion), ignition switch housing, and new stainless bolt and washer to attach the switch to the column. (You can also opt to purchase the switch w/ 2 keys)
- This item is generally for US customers. If you’d like this item internationally, please email us - (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a personalized shipping quote.
There are several options. They are as follows:
1) For the purchase price of $405.00, you are purchasing a restored column outright that comes with the upper column bushing and a new ignition switch (electrical portion) and ignition housing This way, you can receive the column from us in a few days via priority mail, attach your existing ignition switch, install and go.
2) If you would like a 100% complete column with the ignition switch and 2 new keys, contact us and we can add it to your order for an additional $26.
3) If you would like to send in your old column as a core, we will refund you $60.00. Your old column must be in rebuildable condition for credit to be given.
Thanks for your interest. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.